(1) Smart animals work together to escape - one of them watches while the other one tries to break the lock.
(2) Not Japan again! Nope, this is still Hagenbeck. It looks more Japanese than Ueno Zoo without any visitors.
(3) Some animals are allowed to roam freely on the grass.
(4) The elephants are very friendly and take any food gratefully.
(5) Kaninchen und Meerschweinchen haben eine große Wiese mit vielen kleinen Gebäuden.
All photos were taken during the Asian Jungle Night, a special event in which Asian dance and martial arts are shown at various places in Hagenbeck. Most people who did the performances were actually European, though. Hagenbeck is a very big zoo and some of the (not so scary) animals are even allowed to run free in the park.