Don't confuse this film with a newspaper. Pinguin TV's first horror flic tells the story of a renter who unfortunately kills off his tenants from time to time ("Please hold still and it won't hurt!"). The whole psyche of the renter reveals itself when he looks into a mirror.
- This film is one of the few ones where I didn't use a title generator. It actually shows the film title via a mirror written on a piece of paper. Blood (red ketchup) is running over the mirror.
- The only Pinguin TV film which featured Lennart Kirchner on camera. Lennart took also the video course offered at school and is quite good making serious films about nature.
- Inspiration for this movie came from two different sources: Stanley Kubrik's version of Shining and Hitchcock's Psycho.
- After this film I finally decided to end my actor career ;-) I rather make a fool out of myself at Karaoke :)
- Parts of The Mirror were filmed on the 17th of November 1996. Just like Indy, the film was almost given up, but later completed.
- Type of film
- Real movie, three actors.
Suspense/Horror, D 1998, 19 Min.
Original title: Der Spiegel
Music: Theme from Psycho
Format: PAL SVHS-C
Camera: Lennart Kirchner, Matthias Jaap
Actors: Jan Twesten (Tenant), Rufus Witt (Renter), Matthias Jaap (second tenant)
Broadcast date: 20.01.1998 18:05 Offener Kanal Hamburg