There is a German soap opera called "Good Times, Bad Times". But who is really interested in the good times? Therefore we made an endless soap opera with only one episode. "Bad Times" is the story of an owner of a small restaurant situated in a dark attic.
While he is usually quite friendly and patient, a customer gets on his nerves. The customer doesn't want to order anything and just reads his newspaper! And he even makes fun of the restaurant owner!
- There were no stories written for more episodes, although the restaurant owner talks about having a greater plan for the restaurant.
- The attic is small but there was a couch there.
- Since we didn't have any headlights, the film is quite dark. We also didn't have any costumes so the restaurant owner had to wear some kitchen utensils.
- The introduction shows many bad things: a piece of bread thats cut with a saw, a boiled sock and an attempt to make a fried egg - most of the egg splashed beside the pan.
- Bad Times was broadcasted together with the reality show 325 Hours.
- The soap opera also features a title track which was made by Pinguin Television: Jan Twesten sings the title track.
- Type of film
- Realistic, two actors.
D 1995, 3 min.
Original title: Schlechte Zeiten
Language: German (with English subtitles)
Music: Schlechte Zeiten (Metal Pengos).
Format: PAL SVHS
Camera: Matthias Jaap
Actors: Jan Twesten (guest), Rufus Witt (restaurant owner)
Broadcast date: 30.06.1995 18:00 Offener Kanal Hamburg Distribution: Ourmedia, Internet Archive, YouTube