In the third christmas movie, a little bird called Birdy is going to the super market. The newest item is a christmas surprise. Though the bird doesn't know what may be inside that package Birdy decides to buy it...
Watch 'Late Christmas' (QuickTime 6 or higher)
Download 'Late Christmas' for iPod Video
- The film is available in three languages: English, German and Japanese.
- This short film consists of over 500 photos shot with a Dynax 5D. They were later compiled to a movie and reduced to NTSC resolution using iStopMotion. I had planed to do a stop-motion animation film in 2003 with my first xmas film "Birdy's Christmas" but due to time constraints I had to decide otherwise.
- Late Christmas uses music by Lisa DeBenedictis, a singer/songwriter/producer who is quite popular at remix sites. She releases her work under a Creative Commons License and this film is released under the same license meaning that you can alter the movie and share it with others. If you alter it, you will have to give proper credits to the creators. Commercial usage is not allowed.
- If you want to hear more of Lisa DeBenedictis' music, you should visit her website. Her work can also be purchased at Magnatune
- If you need a higher resolution version of Late Christmas, contact me. It was originally shot with a 6 megapixel camera - now that is real hi-def TV!
D 2005, 2 Min.
Original title: Late Christmas
Language: English, German, Japanese
Music: Brilliant Day (Lisa DeBenedictis)
Format: custom, converted to NTSC DV
Cut: Digital (Final Cut Pro 5, iStopMotion HR)
Camera: Matthias Jaap
Actors: miniature figures
Voices: Matthias Jaap
Distribution: Ourmedia, Internet Archive, YouTube