325 Hours is a reality TV magazine which shows you the true face of crime. The show consists of severall short films.
The first version was broadcasted together with the first part of The Beggar and included two films: The Swayer and The Salesman.
A man is peacefully sitting in his rocking chair and reads an interesting magazine article. He doesn't realise that criminals can appear at the next corner or even in your living room. Quietly an evil man approaches, ready to destroy the peaceful happiness of the other man. He gets near the rocking chair and... pulls the chair back! The peaceful man cries bitterly but it is too late - crime striked again!
A salesman is doing his job and tries to sell great things at each house door. But this time, things go a bit differently, because the house owner pulls him in his living room and forces him to go into the basement. Of course, the salesman is mildly irritated and he protests loudly as he is pushed into the heater room. The house owner locks him there, with no food at all. He pleasantly grins and is looking forward to read the news headlines... Three weeks later: 325 Hours is doing an interview with the forensic medician who also happens to be the twin brother of the dead salesman. The medician is holding his beer in one hand, his bear fur in another and is not unhappy about the death of his brother at all.
- Both short films were improved for the second part of 325 Hours.
- In the very first version of The Swayer, you can here some noises in the background: the cutters forgot to turn off the microphone in the cutting room.
- Most dialogs were improvised. Generally only some plot ideas (type of crime, ending) were specified first
- 325 Hours is the only Pinguin TV film with an off commentator.
- Seven short films were shot for 325 Hours.
- The strange name which should suggest that 325 Hours shows more of crime than just 24 Hours is derived from a German TV show called "24 Hours" (24 Stunden). The original show was much more harmless, of course ;-)
D 1993, 10 Min.
Original title: 325 Stunden
Music: Sheer Heart Attack (Queen)
Format: PAL SVHS
Camera: Matthias Jaap
Actors: Jan Twesten (Swayer, Salesman, Forensic medician), Rufus Witt (gangster, house owner), Matthias Jaap (Reporter, off commentary)
Broadcast date: 26.04.1993 19:10 Offener Kanal Hamburg